Thanks again to all of you that joined us for our 2011 Celebration of Service luncheon last week. Over six hundred people helped us thank the following individuals and organizations for their commitment to lasting change in our community:
• Compassionate Leaders of the Year: Mark and Kathie Miller
• President’s Award for Excellence: Salt Lake Chamber
• Tocqueville Society Member of the Year: Commissioner Bill Sederburg, Utah System of Higher Education
• Women’s Philanthropic Network Member of the Year: Jennifer Smith, Zions Bancorp
• Young Leader Member of the Year: Rich Mrazik, Parsons, Behle & Latimer
• Outstanding Corporate Partner: Enterprise Rent-A-Car
• Outstanding Volunteer: Allen Alexander, Savage Services Corporation
• Outstanding Partnership for Community Change: Goldman, Sachs & Co., Granite School District, Voices for Utah Children, City of South Salt Lake/Hser Ner Moo Welcome Center
We’d also like to extend a huge thanks to our generous sponsors for making this event possible: American Express, CHG Healthcare Services, Rocky Mountain Power, Savage Services Corporation and Wells Fargo – Utah.
And last, but certainly not least, a special thanks to our fabulous in-kind sponsors: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the printing of the invitations and program; Deseret Digital Media Companies for the video production; Mini of Murray for sponsoring the one-year lease giveaway of the Mini Cooper; O.C. Tanner Company for donating the Celebration of Service awards and providing consolation prizes for the Mini Cooper lease giveaway finalists; Tesoro for donating a one-year supply of gasoline to the Mini Cooper winner!