There are just a few days left to take part in many of the great opportunities on the 2-1-1 Calendar of Caring! Each weekday from November 26th to December 21st we will be showcasing great ideas and events that are free or low cost and guaranteed to make the whole family smile this holiday season. You can view ALL of our ideas and events now by CLICKING HERE.
- Download United Way 2-1-1’s Holiday gift spending tracker! DOWNLOAD TRACKER>>
- We’ve had a lot of great advice on the Calendar of Caring this season. Check it all out HERE.
- Help Individuals with disabilities enjoy skiing and snowboarding! Lessons are held at Park City Mountain Resort, Canyons, and Deer Valley. Sign up for training today! Contact Sarah Jones, (435) 649-3991 (email@example.com)
Nifty Gifts (Events):
- Christmas concerts at The Cathedral of the Madeline. Admission is free but limited to those ages 6 and up. Call (801) 944-4663 ahead for guaranteed seating. A Ceremony of Carols happens Dec 14th. The Christmas Carol Service happens Dec 17th, 18th, and Christmas Eve. LEARN MORE>>
- The 2012 Echoes of Christmas is a live musical rendition of the First Christmas. Presented December 13th-15th and 17th-19th from 7:00pm – 9:00pm it takes about 30 minutes for each group to make their way through the story-telling stations. Dress warm for this one! LEARN MORE>>
- Tours of the Governor’s Mansion happen all year long, but the holidays are the time to do it. This is perhaps the best-kept holiday secret in Utah. You’ll rarely see decorations like those at the Governor’s Mansion when it is all dressed up for the holidays. Stop by on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 2:00pm and 4:00pm throughout December to see the decorations. LEARN MORE>>
- The Grand America Gingerbread House Competition at The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake is one of the most impressive and scrumptious events of the season. Come enjoy this free event all December long and see what several talented local chefs can create from holiday sweets! This display remains in the ballroom corridor until New Year’s Day.
- TURN CITY CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Contact: Allison Michel, (801) 924-0347 (AllisonMichel@turndreams.org)
Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to lead music and teach visual arts, theater, writing, or dance classes.
- DAVIS COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTER
Contact: Merri Ann Perkins, (801) 402-8395 MEPERKINS@dsdmail.net
Donations: We would love to give turkeys to our English learning students. (Other food is also accepted.) We are also in need of new children’s coats, shoes, winter clothes, in all sizes. Volunteers: Throw a Christmas party for the after-school program.
- CATHOLIC COMMUNITY SERVICES
Contact: 801-428-1242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start a holiday tradition with your family, friends or company and sponsor refugee and low-income children with holiday presents this year. Needed items are: diapers (all sizes), coats, sweat shirts, sweaters, under garments, gift certificates (shoes, clothes, etc.), gloves, hats, scarves, educational toys and/gifts without batteries, toiletries and set of twin sheets.
If you’re interesting in volunteering this holiday season then check out our holiday volunteering opportunities list HERE or dial 2-1-1.