Stuff the Bus school supply drives are happening, and we are well on our way to reaching our goal of organizing 100 school supply drives this June and July! Thirty-two companies, girl scout troops, families, churches, and individuals are already signed-up, and we need 68 more!
We’re kicking-off Stuff the Bus 2017 with a new look and a special video. Check-out our 30-second Stuff the Bus video, and find out three ways you can get involved this year!
Wondering what the fuss is all about?
Each year, many children arrive at school on the first day without the supplies they need to be ready to learn. Before school starts, United Way of Salt Lake invites the community to collect and donate school supplies for more than 10,000 students. Many of these students are low-income, and all live in Salt Lake, Davis, and Summit counties.
We depend on 100 companies, community groups, and individuals to host school supply drives in June and July to collect the supplies students need. You can help by hosting a school supply drive or directly donating the supplies students need! Every bag of supplies will help a child this August.
Volunteers will then sort, count, and stuff supplies into backpacks.
Visit stuffthebus.uw.org for more info.
Thank you to these individuals and groups for committing to collecting supplies:
- CBC Advisors
- Girl Scout Troop 2330
- ADT Security Services
- Medline Industries
- Intermountain Homecare & Hospice
- Reagan and Nora
- Club Pilates
- Triumph Geared Solutions
- Red Bull Distribution Company
- Teach Kids to Care
- Stansbury Girl Scouts, Junior Patrol
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Sego Lily Ward.
- WCF Insurance
- TMG/Talent Management Group, Inc.
- WesTech Engineering Inc.
- Tesoro Logistics – Salt Lake
- Amber G
- Stantec Consulting Services Inc.
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Fransisco, SLC Branch
- Williams Northwest Pipeline
- Hillcrest 1st Ward Neighborhood
- Foxboro 1st Ward Relief society
- O.C. Tanner Company
- First National Bank of Layton
- Scrip World
- Ray Quinney & Nebeker